Thursday, January 10, 2013

Happy New Year…

Happy New Year…I hope everyone in Australia is staying cool in the heat wave and not in fire danger!

Only the last 2 days have been really hot here…

The christmas decorations have been put away for another year…my son who lives in WA sent me this little glass present decoration it matches the glass tree he gave me last year that he bought in England.

_DSC0051

…our youngest son was home for a couple of weeks.

Which was really nice!

_DSC0020

And I was seeing this scrappy trip around the world quilt pattern on blogs so I played in my sewing room…the tutorial is here

_DSC0047

_DSC0048

…and a couple of pictures of this years baby kookaburras…so cute!

_DSC0007

_DSC0008

4 comments:

Cheryll said...

And a HaPPy NeW YeaR to you too Christine! Hope it's a great one! :)

shez said...

wow Christine i love those glass ornaments,just gorgeous,nice to have the family up and love your scrappy quil,well done.xx

Elizabethd said...

Your quilt is going to be so attractive, very light and pretty.
Oh those kookaburras!

Noela said...

Your glass ornaments are lovely and your quilt blocks are looking good. The kookaburra are looking very cute in your photos. Hugs...