Sunday, October 7, 2012

back..

sorry…I didn’t intend being absent from blogging for more than a month!

It just turned out that way…

by the end of the day I have been ready for bed…

and had not put together something to blog about…

****

…and below is a link to a great online shop for art and craft supplies

they will give a 10% discount until Oct 31st 2012

*BLUE BAZAAR www.bluebazaar.com.au is offering readers of my blog a 10% discount on your next order over $30.00. To receive the discount include the following code in the coupon field of your order: BB-BLOGCH. Note: discounts do not apply to items already discounted, on sale or subscription. The code is valid for until the 31st October 2012 and is available for one time use.!cid_image005_gif@01CB68C6

…I have gained a new interest…

I have been wanting to try art journaling for some time…

and at the moment I am trying to learn to draw a face…

so there has been lots of you tube watching..

which then led me to needing some art supplies…

and most of all I’m having fun with it!!!

DSCN0275

…this is what I found today at the market!

It’s a sewing chest

DSCN0277the top lifts up and inside is this tray which lifts out!

DSCN0280I think I will keep my embroidery things in it!!

…will I paint it?

white or grey…

DSCN0279

 IMG_0152Yesterday the quilt group had a sewing day to make this quilt for a friend

IMG_0154

…we were pleased with how it is turning out!

4 comments:

shez said...

wow Christine what a great find,you will find this very useful and it even has a spot to put your project,what a lovely idea.xx

Louise Michie said...

For goodness sake do not paint this sewing chest. It is lovely, like an antique. Keep that heritage look, not make it look like a pathetic fashion item.

Cheryll said...

What a fantastic find Christine... and how useful too! Great work! :)

petalsandvintage.com said...

Gorgeous quilts and I just love your sewing chest...just what I need. xx