Thursday, April 12, 2012

finished quilt…

This is my March finish…

_DSC0017

…machine quilted on the sweet sixteen!

Still need lots of practice…but I now have a usable quilt!

My DH has been curled up under it at any opportunity…

_DSC0018

I machine stitched the binding…after watching a tutorial at

Missouri Star Quilt Co on you tube…lots of great tips there!

 

One thing I wished I did different now I’m finished…

is quilt it in the colour thread I used on the binding!

Anyway it is all a learning experience…and this quilt

will get used till it is worn out !!

If it ever stops raining I will take it outside and get a better picture….

4 comments:

shez said...

wow Christine its gorgeous,well done.xx

Ullhärvan said...

It is beautiful!

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Beautiful quilt. I'm going to have to check out the binding technique. I've never seen it done that way. Great time saver.

Maree: said...

Love the Fabrics in this quilt it is Lovely...first time I had seen the binding stitched like that..would save a lot of time..
looking forward to seeing the whole quilt..
cheers