Saturday, July 16, 2011

some sewing today...

...curtains finally arrived!
The curtain man called in at 4.30pm yesterday...said he would be back Sat morning to put them up...he had to take back one set as they were made into two separate curtains 
and I only wanted one on the sliding door...so he will be back tomorrow!! maybe

I found some sewing time this afternoon...
and some progress on the French General, 
Reines des Abeilles quilt!


...the hexagons go together by machine quiet quickly...
once in the flow of them!



...tomorrow I need to cut and sew the final border!
..and the top is finished!!

4 comments:

Elizabethd said...

That is looking very lovely. I do like the mixture of warm colours.
Do come over and see if my swap idea appeals to you.

Maree: said...

Have been reading about your Dramas with your curtains..Glad to hear some have arrived...
I Love French General & I Love your Hexies this way...Looking Good.
cheers

Quiltjane said...

A quilt made with French General fabrics is always a beautiful quilt, especially when made by you.

Floss said...

Hello - I thought I'd pop over and visit you here, having had your email about the buttons and bow swap. I adore this quilt, and the fact that you like French General (so do I, of course) is giving me lots of ideas for the swap!

You asked about my preferences. I do prefer traditional things to modern, but that hardly makes me unusual! I also love lace and the colour blue. Do you have any preferences or particular interests? If you look at my blog and put 'buttons' into the search you will learn a lot about my button collection, which may give you some ideas!