Friday, November 12, 2010

mauve Friday...

I went for a walk around my neighbourhood to see what was mauve!!


...the jacaranda trees are flowering and they are defiantly mauve!


...tibouchinas in flower...pretty mauve!



...mauve trim on this house...didn't notice it before!


...pretty mauve flower tucked away!!


more mauve or is this purple!!


...argapanathus or are they blue!!


...statice!!  I love statice in all colours...


...and of course lavender is mauve!!


beautiful hydrangea...but not mine!!


wisteria...that grows on my back fence!!


...and as always quilts!!


my mauve JR quilt...colours inspired by
the hydrangea picture!!


6 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Christine.
I just adore your Jacarandas. I had one at my old house and I really miss it. They are so pretty!!
Love all the flower photos you have posted. Just delightful.
But best of all, I am really taken by your quilt. Beautiful colour selection!!!
Have a lovely day.

Annette said...

Wow! It's amazing what you see when you're out walking.
Love the wisteria on your back fence and your quilt is stunning.
Have a great weekend
Cheers
Annette

Bev C said...

Hello Christine,

Oh lots of lovely photo's here. I just love jacaranda's they are my favourite tree. Oh my goodness your quilt is just so stunning. I hope you are keeping this one for yourself. Its amazing what you notice when you start looking. Be on the look out for Brown now.

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Carol said...

Gorgeous trees and plants. The quilt is lovely.

Cathy said...

love your pics - that quilt is just gorgeous

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

What lovely vibrant lavender pics....luv the colours in the close-up of your quilt...gorgeous.
Jane.