Monday, November 15, 2010

my weekend...

...what I did on the weekend!!
Enjoyed some cake...went for a walk to the little local market...
bought 'Under the Tuscan Sun'...have been looking for that book
for a while now...never got to read it when it was popular!


I had been sorting my sewing room and these blocks were on top of the...
 to do from long ago pile!!
So when I got home...had some inspiration and found some fabric
in my cupboard to put the blocks together!


Now together...


I did go to town today and buy the thin green stripe for he border...
wasn't happy with my first choice (out of the Cupboard)...which was a cream!
Got up this morning and unpicked the border and now replaced it with the green stripe...
...much happier  :)


...this is a moda free design by Robyn Pandolph called Secret Garden.
Not sure if it is still available...because I started making it quiet a few years ago.
I still love it...the borders have vines with star flowers and leaves.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

sounds like you've had a really nice weekend!

I LOVE the dresden plate quilt! Love the star in the middle~~

Jeannie B. said...

I love your quilt, beautiful!

Elizabethd said...

I never thought of putting a star in a Dresden plate, it looks lovely!

Bev C said...

Hello Christine,

Oh sounds like the perfect weekend. Enjoy the book. Your quilt is beautiful, I like the star in the middle it is a little different. Have fun finishing the border.
happy days.
Bev.xoxo