Saturday, October 2, 2010

Fabric buying on holidays...

...while on my holiday I went for a walk to find the quilt shop, only to find it was no longer there!
On the way back I decided to have a look in this shop...and it was just beautiful!
French provincial decor...

...I found this French General book which I had only previously seen in magazines
 ...then I bought this french fabric !
 ...so this afternoon I made a pillow from this fabric in the bundle and 
the flange pillow pattern in the book.
I added the check from my stash.
I am now in love with this french look...

I did have the chance for a quick look in the quilt shop at Rockhampton
called Patchwork Paradise.  It also was a beautiful shop...these spots
are what I came home with from there!

This is the first flower from a rose I planted earlier this year...
It's a wet weekend here for the long weekend...Monday's a holiday...
day-light saving begins this weekend, 
though it is still quiet cool for this time of year!!



2 comments:

Jeannie B. said...

Very pretty - Rose and Fabric.

Valentina said...

My goodness, your rose is the perfect shade of pink...
:)
and I just spend some time swooning over the lovely things at the shop through the link you provided!
your cushion is fabulous!
:)