Thursday, June 10, 2010

candied hexagon quilt


I have slowly been working on my candied hexagon quilt...I had a
picture in my head of the way I wanted it to look!
sea, sand, blue skies and sun
I just couldn't find the right fabric for the solid hexagons
...than I sent to the Quilters and Embroiderers Store for this
Philip Jacobs fabric called shell montage without seeing more
than a small picture...
The shells are much bigger than I thought...but I am happy 
with how it looks!



...I enjoy playing with the colours and patterns!


3 comments:

karenfae said...

are your hexagons pieced or fussy cut.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I believe all of us "quilters' Quilt because we love color and because we like to spend money and sometimes we even use those colors and make something pretty---like you quilt you are working on--great job!!!
Hugs, Di

Doris said...

I just linked to this, when posting about my own Candied Hexagons today...LOVELY!