Saturday, March 13, 2010

this week...and stitching along





It's the usual...where has the week gone...flown by!!!

Loved all the comments about my quilt- along block...
looking forward to next months block.

Last weekend the quilt day was held at our friends house
who lives up the coast...about hour and a half away.
Suddenly the idea was to go to a quilt shop there, that is at 
the owners house...so phone call and we are off to look at fabric.
The pink, yellow and lovely cream were my purchases....

We spent a lovely day looking at our friend's quilts...
which are many...

This inspired in me the need to finish some...
so out came this one...
added borders and finishing some embroidery,
then to quilt it!!!
I love the green stripe it's called rambling rose, 
stonehill collection by Donna Wilder.


I had been thinking of sending for this book...
but yesterday when I went to town the book shop had a copy.

Now I need some felted wool...


I joined the stitching along at 39 squares...one little square of embroidery
a day...having trouble keeping up though!


Loved the idea of a free hand stitching a one inch square a day.
Now I just need to catch up.

1 comment:

karenfae said...

I love the look. Lately I have noticed quite a few quilt tops that have bits of embroidery on them here and there like you have in yours. I really like the look.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/