Monday, February 15, 2010

when life gives you...



This saying has been on my sewing room
wall for many years...
but today the saying below comes to mind!
When life gives you scraps....stitch quilts.

So I have been stitching
from this book I bought while in WA.


I love all the quilts in this book by Blackbird Designs...


but this is the one I started making...called Dance with Me!


So I've been busy cutting up my red collection.

Like many quilters...I really shouldn't be starting a new
quilt...I need to finish all the others.
But what the heck I was feeling inspired by this one!

2 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Hi Christine--I only have one thing to say about your saying---I never seem to do anything with my scraps--except collect them--i always seem to go buy more for each project or at each sale or when a new line comes out I just seem to have to have some!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for stopping by birthday party and leaving me some good wishes--i like you blog and will be back--plus we are both in the jelly roll quilt along so will probably see each other through that!!!!
Have a great week--Hugs, Di

Jandi said...

What a darling pattern! Thanks for sharing!