Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Finished at last...



Finally finished...I finally finished the binding.
This quilt is for my son2 to lie under watching TV.
I showed it to him when he was home, said he liked it,
so next week he will be the owner.






I machine quilted it...only in straight rows...
I'm fairly new to any sort of machine quilting
...so straight rows it is!


I'm happy with how it turned out.
The quilt group ladies said it looked masculine,
 wasn't my usual colours.
...But I don't think I really have usual colours- I like all colours.
Whether they make a bright quilt or a pastel, pretty quilt, 
the modern bright, clear colours I love- I like them all.


I recently have been playing with Kaffe Fassett fabrics
...now I know why they are so liked!
I love how one fabric when cut into small pieces can look so different.

1 comment:

Julie said...

That is one very lucky boy. Beautiful job and great colour combination.