Sunday, January 25, 2009

Quilt

I selected these fabrics to make the late bloomer quilt by the Thimble Blossom pattern from the current yearbook of Homespun magazine.
I have the strips of patchwork made ... the circles fused on and now have to buttonhole stitch around them.
I would have been futher ahead...but yesterday I had a small drama...  I suddenly had a severe ear ache.  After seeing how it went for a couple of hours...decided I better go to the nearby hospital and have it checked out. By the time I got there the pain had stopped...so was saying I probably don't need to be here.  The medical staff had a look anyway...and there was an an ant in my ear...which they quickly got out.  

There is a lot of ants in our house this year...usually means rain is coming.

3 comments:

Natasha said...

I feel all itchy just thinking about that ant!

I love the picture of that quilt. Can't wait to see how yours turns out.

Maree said...

not good about your ear ache..ouch.!! who would have thought an Ant.!!
Love your fabric choice...that quilt looks great on the cover...looking forward to seeing yours come alive.
cheers

Quiltsbybarb said...

I love the picture of the fabrics you have selected for your next quilt. It is cold here in Wisconsin now and they just feel so spring like to me!


I just wanted to let you know about my 2009 Quilt Retreat Getaway Weekend which is held in Belmont, Wisconsin at The Travel Center on November 6, 7 and 8, 2009. The details are on my webpage at Quilts by barb or on my blogspot at Visit Quiltsbybarb quilt retreat blogspot

This would make a great trip for you and some of your quilting firends to come to visit us here in the United States!

We would appreciate if you would help us pass on this information and we would love to have you join us!

Barbara Raisbeck,
Owner of Quilts by Barb